The Lord has blessed me with opportunities to work in several aspects of the Christian publishing industry. I am:
I hope you enjoy your visit to my website. If you have any questions or would like to communicate with me, please click here and use my contact form to get in touch with me.
I will select several of the top answers I receive to be posted on my new website, www.ProofreadingSecrets.com, along with bios including links to the originators’ websites (with their permission, of course). These answers may also be used on my blog or other social-media venues.
The first four questions have already been posted:
1. Why is it important for writers to carefully proofread their manuscripts?
2. What proofreading methods have you found most useful to catch typos, inconsistencies, or inaccuracies in manuscripts?
3. What resources have you found most helpful to discover and learn the industry-standard rules for punctuation, usage, grammar, and spelling?
4. What interesting or amusing typos have you found in your own writing before it was published?
Here’s question #5:
What typos have you (or your readers) found in your writing after publication?
To enter the contest:
In the body of the e-mail, type:
1. The question (with the question number)
2. Your answer (no word count minimum or maximum)
3. Your bio (100 words or so, including your name, what you write, where you’ve been published, any awards you’ve won, whether you are a best-selling author, and your website address)
Send as many different answers as you wish to as many of the eight questions as you wish. (Just don’t send the same answer more than once—no ballot-box stuffing, please!)
Feel free to pass this on to anyone you think might be interested.
Deadline to answer any or all of the questions is January 15, 2014.
Winners will be announced by the end of January.
If you have any questions, please e-mail me with “PS Contest” (NOT “PS Contest Entry) in the subject line.
The Calvary Chapel Store is located at 12205 Pipeline Avenue in Chino.
There will be a light breakfast on the patio at 9:00, followed by worship music and teaching by Trudy Ries at 9:45.
The bazaar starts at 11:00, with booths featuring local food and craft artisans.
From 1:00-2:00, several authors with the Christian Authors Network (including me!) will have tables in the store and talk about their books.
At 2:00 there will be caroling with the authors.
Should be lots of fun! There will be free gifts to those who come into the store as well as a 15% discount off your entire purchase. And free coffee and cookies too!
Since I have a new book coming out in January, Proofreading Secrets of Best-Selling Authors, I’m running a contest. For eight weeks, I’m posting on this blog a question about proofreading. The most interesting answer I get for each question will win a free copy of my book!
In anticipation of the new book I have coming out in January, Proofreading Secrets of Best-Selling Authors, I’m running a contest. For eight weeks, I will be posting on this blog a question about proofreading. The most interesting answer I get for each question will win a free copy of my book!
In January, I have a new book coming out! It’s called Proofreading Secrets of Best-Selling Authors. In anticipation of this exciting event, I will be running a contest over the next eight weeks. Each week I’ll post on this blog a question about proofreading. The most interesting answer I get for each question will win a free copy of my book!